COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
At Bartley Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority. All our staff are certified by the World Health Organization in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronoavirus ( COVID-19)
We have implemented these additional new protocols and precautions recommended by the WHO, CDC and local authorities to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
We would like to share some details on our standard daily practices, which we have always implemented at our clinic, and also the extra steps we are now taking.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Bartley Physical Therapy include:
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly before and after treating each patient.
- All of our linens are single-use only, and are cleaned using detergent on high heat after every patient.
- We thoroughly wipe down all the treatment beds with hospital-grade disinfectant after each use.
- Our clinic is fully equipped with hand-washing stations as well as hand sanitizer.
- We implement regular cleaning of high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant: door handles, common-area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools.
Extra steps we are taking now include:
- All new patients will be screened via telephone prior to scheduling an appointment, with CDC-recommended questions, to determine any symptoms or possible recent exposure.
- All staff will be screened with the same questions prior to working.
- We will use a parking-lot waiting room system, to avoid having patients sitting in our waiting room. Please stay in your car until your appointment time, then come up into the clinic and your PT will take you back immediately. There will be no sign-in sheet. We respectfully ask your family members to wait in the car unless your PT requests they participate in your treatment.
- Please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer provided in our lobby prior to entering and leaving our clinic.
- We will be taking the temperature of everyone who enters the clinic, both patients and staff. We use infrared, non-contact thermometers.
- All staff will be wearing masks, and we request our patients wear masks also.
- We have modified our scheduling to ensure social distancing at all times, and we have private rooms available to every patient if you prefer.
- Every surface that is touched by a staff member or patient will be wiped down using high-grade hospital wipes.
- All high-contact touch areas, including bathroom door handles, elevator buttons, and stair railings, will be wiped down regularly, and we will leave the front door to the clinic open.
- Any unvaccinated staff or patient who has recently traveled by plane will be asked to wait 10 days before returning to the clinic. We will offer telehealth services during this time.
- We will continue to monitor information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations.
We know that the COVID-19 outbreak has been a very unsettling time for us all. At Bartley Physical Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you, as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Regularly clean high-touch objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
The team @ Bartley Physical Therapy